DQM Limited understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all our Customers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
2 INFORMATION ABOUT US
DQM Ltd is a limited company registered in England under company number 2780345.
Registered address: Unit 6 Blackbrook Business Park, Blackbrook Road, Fareham Hampshire, PO15 5DR.
VAT number: GB 631 5341 68.
3 WHAT THIS NOTICE COVERS
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
4 WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS
Personal data is defined by the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, “the Data Protection Legislation”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that we use is set out in Part 5, below.
5 YOUR RIGHTS
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 11.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 10 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 11 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 11 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent. This means that, if we are relying on your consent as the legal basis for using your personal data, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to data portability. This means that you can ask us for a copy of your personal data held by us to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 11.
It is important that your personal data is kept accurate and up-to-date. If any of the personal data we hold about you changes, please keep us informed as long as we have that data.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. However, we would welcome the opportunity to resolve your concerns ourselves, so please contact us first using the details in Part 11.
6 PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Information provided by you
We collect personal information about you when you register with us, purchase products and/or services from us or apply for a job with us. We also collect personal information when you contact us, send us feedback or complete customer surveys.
- The type of personal information we collect is:
- Identity Information including name, title, date of birth
- Contact information including address, email address, telephone numbers
- Business information including business name, job title
- Payment information including bank account numbers
- Data from third parties including contact information
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad; and
- give consent to the processing of his/her sensitive personal data.
7 HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
Under the Data Protection Legislation, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Administering our business
- Providing and managing your account
- Supplying our products and/or services to you
- Confirming orders; providing quotations and arranging deliveries
- Managing payments for products/services
- Personalising and tailoring our products and/or services for you
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
8 HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Our Data Protection Policy is available on request.
After the retention period, has elapsed all data will be destroyed securely in line with the DQM Data Protection policy. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances, we will anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we will use such information without further notice to you.
9 HOW AND WHERE WE STORE OR TRANSFER PERSONAL DATA
We will only store your personal data in the UK. All emails and backup data are hosted in the cloud by Microsoft and Google. This means that it will be fully protected under the Data Protection Legislation.
10 SHARING PERSONAL DATA
Depending on the relationship we have with you, we may sometimes contract with the following third parties to supply products and/or services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery and servicing/repairs. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all your personal data that we hold:
- Third parties to assist in carrying out servicing, maintenance and/or repair to fulfil our services.
- Third parties who assist in the administration of maintenance contracts such as accountants, auditors, lawyers and other experts.
- Our regulators
- Debt collection agencies
- Our third-party service providers such as IT suppliers, finance and payment providers & auditors
- Selected third parties in connection with the sale, transfer or disposal of our business
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
11 ACCESS PERSONAL DATA
If you want to know what personal data, we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 11.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone number: 01329 232354
Postal Address: DQM Ltd, Unit 6 Blackbrook Business Park, Fareham, PO15 5DR
13 CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.
Any changes will be available on our website. Policy last reviewed March 2021.
What Are Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
Email newsletters related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
Forms related cookies
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
We use adverts to offset the costs of running this site and provide funding for further development. The behavioural advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google Local, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: email@example.com